Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

French Quilt Block # 1 - Eiffel Tower

For this project I decided to do a French themed quilt with vintage "silkies" in the center of each block. 

All the blocks will be curved, using the freezer paper method I learned from Allie Aller. I will use three or four different patterns for the blocks, two from Allie and so far one that I designed myself. I found it challenging to design curved blocks to accommodate the usually rectangular or square silkies,  but I'm getting there. 

I've printed out 16 images, using TAP Artist Paper, but I'll be making the blocks one at a time so I'll have time to pick and choose which silkies to use for each. block. The inaugural block is, of course, the Eiffel Tower!!

Here is the first naked block, appliquéd in a fine zigzag with invisible thread. 



1 comment:

  1. This block is already very pretty. It will be fun to see it and your other project blocks develop.

    ReplyDelete